Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Patterned Paper

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Something New Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
This week the challenge is

Use Patterned Paper

You may use store bought designer paper or you may choose to make your own.

We are showcasing Doodlebug Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


I love Doodlebug papers their 6 inch pads work so well for card making and when I saw this challenge I knew I had to use their At the Zoo ones.  They work so well with the Picture Book animals from Simon Says Stamp. I haven't make a card since Christmas so I needed a sketch to inspire me and found the perfect one from Splitcoast Stampers SC 678 which is the last week one.

I've used the Koala, Panda and Monkey dies, to help support the cut pieces I place a piece of card like a spine on the back. I did feel my monkey needs a tail but while finding the links I saw the cat die not sure I've actually got that die but if not I will have to get it and it will serve for the tail for two. animals.

To finish I used the My Favourite Things Grassy Fields die, I've been know to use this die and turn it upside down to make icicles so I believe this is a must have die.

The sentiment came from the paper pad, cut it out and used a square punch to make a fishtail.



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.

12 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

When I saw this I instantly smiled, such a fun card xx

Lorraine A said...

Super cute card Debby :-) the little critters are adorable and I love the paper choice! PERFECT! :-) Great idea to use the kitty die for the monkey tail too, fab tip! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Chrissy said...

Adorable Debby..so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

So cute and the animals match that paper so well.

Pat said...

This is so cute and pretty Debby and love the colours and the sweet koala, panda and monkey in amongst the lovely die cut grasses. x

Fikreta said...

so very nice card!

Wendy said...

Fabulous Debby, super cute!
Wendy xx

Lorraine said...

This is soooo cute, just love those animals
Lorraine x

Brawny x said...

Very cute card Debbie x

Cheryl W. said...

Just adorable, Debby! Love those little critters.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
June Houck said...

Debbie, your critter card is super adorable! A fabulous showcase of the Doodlebug paper.