Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Tigers

wed-newchallenge-header

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.

Happy New Year!! We hope you all have a happy and healthy 2018!
This week the challenge is

Something New

Maybe you received some new craft supplies for Christmas, or maybe you would like to make a New Home, New Baby project. Whatever 'new' thing you would like to make we will be looking forward to seeing your project!
We are showcasing Hero Arts  Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
50dollar_voucher_600px


Hope I can remember what I used for this card I made it before Christmas with my DT parcel of new goodies. I decided to get the Hero Art Layering Bengal Tigers, I thought they would make a good male card. I believe there is a die but I just brought the stamps since the tigers looked easy to fussy cut out.

As most of you know I'm pretty lazy and it just so happens that I had some thin cardstock that I had already smooched some Distress Oxides in Wild Honey, Spiced and Fossilized Amber. So I used the stamps to stamp the tigers. Once cut out I used the Distress Markers in Pumice Stone round the edges I find it hides the white core.

It was then I had to think of what to do with my tigers so once again I got the Distress Oxides out and made the scene and using the grass stamps that came with the tigers I stamped some grass.

To finish I used the Simon Says Stamp Painted Happy Birthday die but just choose the one word and stamp the Happy  using Simon Says Stamp Happy stamp set.



Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.



13 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

I adore tigers Debby and adore this card it's beautiful x

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

First thing I thought of when I saw this was, "How Adorable". Seems like that is the perfect word for this card since Tracy adores it too. Just so cute!

Mandy said...

Happy New Year Debby!
Wonderful card, I love the scene you've created xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Really great card for male or female!

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card to start the year with Debby.
Wishing you and your family a fabulous 2018
Lorraine x

Sarah said...

What a grrrrrrreat card Debby!! xx

Pat said...

These tigers are so cute and adore the background you have made for them. A fabulous card Debby. Hope you had a good Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year. x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh that is gorgeous! I've a wee man who would utterly LOVE this! Happy New Year Debby. Wishing you a wonderful year in 2018. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Cheryl W. said...

Great card and so different from the usual handmade birthday card. Whoever receives this will love it!

Lorraine A said...

aww this is so cute! the tiger and cub are adorable and I love the simple background, perfect! :-)

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is a good one :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Brawny x said...

Very cute card x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super card. love the tigers and your background is lovely.
Faith
x

Stephanie said...

Super sweet Birthday card, Debby! I love the way you added the grass and blended a pretty clear blue sky to ground the tigers. :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!